Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We're. Almost. There.

So, my posts are about to get really redundant, really fast. There, consider yourself warned.

We are approximately 16 days and 19 hours away from our destiny....but we're not really counting. We are so so so excited, and so so so ready to (hopefully) head somewhere much cooler than Del Rio. It's amazing how one can passionately despise clunky snow boots and car scrapers and thermometers that put (-) in front of the numbers for a whole 3 months...and after only one year in the fiery pits of He--I mean, Del Rio-- suddenly wish for it. And I don't mean the "I wish I had a pony" kind of wish....I mean, hang-up-fake-fall-leaves-and-buy-copious-amounts-of-pumpkin/apple orchard/cinnamon-scented-candles-kind of wish. This may suggest to you that I have way too much time on my hands. (Ok, so sometimes I do; don't judge.) HOWEVER. Eric has wholeheartedly jumped on my "take me somewhere cold" bandwagon. Truly, Anchorage, AK is sounding better and better with each sweaty day that passes. That said, should you we're happily accepting donations of fresh-pressed apple cider by the gallon in lieu of graduation gifts. ;)

Speaking of graduation--bring on the family! Ok, not yet, because I'm only sliiiightly stressed and a little intimidated by the thought of entertaining nine people in my home for the first time. And not just any nine people, but people whose opinions and impressions matter a LOT. Thankfully I've lived near the hostess extraordinaire (Grandma Jean) for the past year; hopefully she's rubbed off a little! We really are excited to have everyone here to see what we've been doing and where we've been living for the past year. Maybe they'll even get to try the taco stands!

After graduation, I will be going to see my friend Ashley in Cincinnati for 5 days (SO FUN!!!!), then hopping a train to Kalamazoo where Eric will join me and we'll spend a week with family. Alli just made the Hope College volleyball team, so we'll have the chance to see her play in their rivalry game against Calvin. I can't wait to see her new home and to watch her play!!! We'll also be having our wedding reception that weekend--finally! While our wedding was nothing less than a fairytale, the absence of our close friends and family friends was definitely felt, so we're so excited for the opportunity to celebrate with all of the important people in our lives!

Stay tuned...September 17 is the big day!!!


Birthday celebration in San Antonio: Paesano's, Swig, and shoe shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment