Tuesday, March 9, 2010

(More) Planes, (no) trains, and (sold!!) automobiles

First and foremost:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHASE (21) AND ALLI (18)!!! My little sibs aren't so little anymore...(sigh)

The uncharacteristically rainy days in Del Rio (hopefully) went out with a bangin' hail and lightening storm last night. We're gladly welcoming cloudless, sunny skies and warm weather as I wait (im)patiently to put out patio furniture with time to enjoy it before it's just too darn hot.

This past Saturday, Eric said goodbye to The Mistress. Yes, Roxy the motorcycle has found a new home!! I found it hard not to laugh as Eric expressed profound comfort in knowing that the buyer was equally as meticulous in his care and documentation of his vehicles. At one point he even said something about being excited to sell it to someone he knew would take great care of his precious baby--I had to remind him that, unlike pets or other adoptable belongings, motorcycles don't have feelings...nope, not even if you name them. (I don't think he believes me.) A bittersweet moment, sure, but we're both excited about being one step closer to a second car!

In other news, I will be teaching Sunday school every other week starting this Sunday. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous--it's a bigger undertaking than I initially realized--but I'm excited to work with kids and get more involved in our church. Eric is also applying to be a part of the praise team with me! Even though we met singing, we've never had an opportunity to sing together, so it will be a fun experience to do something that we both enjoy--especially since that something is what brought us together in the first place!

As the pilot training saga continues, we're learning more everyday. Of course Eric has his hands full learning how to fly and use instruments and solve emergencies and navigate, but there's so much involved outside of the cockpit as well. As we hear more about the lifestyles and communities of different airframes--their schedules, their social lives, their family lives-- our eyes are being opened to opportunities and ideas that we were not seriously considering before. I'm thankful that Eric is open-minded and willing to consider all factors and experiences. Afterall, as with all decisions in life, sometimes the pros outweigh the cons, and sometimes the cons outweigh the pros--but you won't know what's truly best for you if you focus only on one or the other. I'm a pretty lucky girl to have a husband that values my thoughts and includes me in the decision-making and daydreaming about the future of his career. We make a good team. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment